bvstone

G4MSMAIL Addon Now Available for GreenTools for Microsoft Tools (G4MS) - Send Emails with Microsoft Office 365 and OAuth 2.0 from your IBM i

Posted:

G4MSMAIL Addon Now Available for GreenTools for Microsoft Tools (G4MS) - Send Emails with Microsoft Office 365 and OAuth 2.0 from your IBM i

We have recently released the G4MSMAIL addon for GreenTools for Microsoft Tools (G4MS).

This addon, which includes a set of ILE subrprocedures that allow you to send emails on your IBM i using Microsoft Office 365, can be used as a stand-alone product or is also now available as an option in our eMail Tool (MAILTOOL) utility.

What makes this product unique is that it uses OAuth 2.0 Authentication that is easily set up from a Green Screen application.  Once complete you will be able to send emails while all the Authentication is taken care of in the background for you.

Here is an example program:

H DFTACTGRP(*NO)
      * Imports
      /COPY QCOPYSRC,P.G4MSMAIL
     D rc              S             10i 0
     D errorMsg        S            256
      /free

rc = #g4msmail_setValue('id':'bvstone@bvstools.onmicrosoft.com');
       rc = #g4msmail_setValue('subject':'Here is your report');
       rc = #g4msmail_setValue('message':'Please find your sales report attached.');
       rc = #g4msmail_addRecipient('bob-in-accounting@mycompany.com');
       rc = #g4msmail_addAttachment('/reports/2016/Sales.pdf');
       rc = #g4msmail_sendMail(errorMsg);

*INLR = *ON;
      /end-free

This is a simple example, as there are many other settings and options available.

We are finding a lot of our customers are choosing Microsoft Office 365 for their corporate email system, so we created this application to work either alone, or in conjunction with MAILTOOL if that is what they are already using for sending emails from the IBM i.

You can find more information in the documentation for the G4MSMAIL addon.

As always, please feel free to contact us with any questions.

Brad

© Copyright 1983-2024 BVSTools
GreenBoard(v3) Powered by the eRPG SDK, MAILTOOL Plus!, GreenTools for Google Apps, jQuery, jQuery UI, BlockUI, CKEditor and running on the IBM i (AKA AS/400, iSeries, System i).