Forums >> Programming >> RPG Programming

Jump to:

dgcolvin@pryor.com

Create QRCODE in DDS

Posted:

Create QRCODE in DDS

Have created a barcode type QRCODE in DDS which has a URL as the contents.  I can scan the QRCode with my android phone but not with a apple phone.  There must be something wrong with my IBM qrcode setup im DDS.  Here's my DDS code.

FIELD7 25A 24 45             BARCODE(QRCODE 1 *HRZ + A X’02’ (*WIDTH .05) (*SWIDTH 1.5) + A (*QRCODE 4 1 *CONVERT(1) + A *TRIM *AIMSTD(99)))

Any ideas?

If I download a QRCODE generator from the Web and run it to create a qrcode barcode containing a URL and scan it with my android and apple phones it scans perfect.

Latest Posts:

BVSTools Offers Toolset to Work With HubSpot OAuth 2.0 APIs On Your IBM i BVSTools Offers Toolset to Work With HubSpot OAuth 2.0 APIs On Your IBM i
Posted by January 27, 2019
BVSTools >> BVSTools Announcements
G4MSDRV Currently Not Supported G4MSDRV Currently Not Supported
Posted by January 17, 2019
BVSTools >> BVSTools Announcements >> GreenTools for Microsoft Apps (G4MS) Specific Announcements
Removing Trailing Carriage Returns and/or Line Feeds from a String with RPG Removing Trailing Carriage Returns and/or Line Feeds from a String with RPG
Posted by December 26, 2018
Programming >> RPG Programming
Create QRCODE in DDS Create QRCODE in DDS
Posted by September 21, 2018
Base64 Encoding a File with RPG Base64 Encoding a File with RPG
Posted by September 6, 2018
Building JSON with RPG and YAJL and Writing to Standard Output Building JSON with RPG and YAJL and Writing to Standard Output
Posted by August 31, 2018
Programming >> Proof of Concept (POC)
How to Delete Files or Empty Trash From Your Google Drive with your IBM i and RPG/ILE How to Delete Files or Empty Trash From Your Google Drive with your IBM i and RPG/ILE
Posted by July 24, 2018
BVSTools >> BVSTools Software Discussion >> GreenTools for G Suite (Google Apps) (G4G) Specific Discussion
GreenTools for G Suite (G4G) Updated to Include Delete and Empty Trash Function GreenTools for G Suite (G4G) Updated to Include Delete and Empty Trash Function
Posted by July 24, 2018
BVSTools >> BVSTools Announcements >> GreenTools for G Suite (Google Apps) (G4G) Specific Announcements
What to Do If Your License Keys Don't Work What to Do If Your License Keys Don't Work
Posted by July 18, 2018
BVSTools >> BVSTools Software Discussion
MAILTOOL Updated to Allow Failed Message on Invalid Recipient MAILTOOL Updated to Allow Failed Message on Invalid Recipient
Posted by May 20, 2018
BVSTools >> BVSTools Announcements >> eMail Tool (MAILTOOL) Specific Announcements
Non HTTPS Callbacks Removed from GreenTools for G Suite (G4G) Non HTTPS Callbacks Removed from GreenTools for G Suite (G4G)
Posted by April 15, 2018
BVSTools >> BVSTools Announcements >> GreenTools for G Suite (Google Apps) (G4G) Specific Announcements
IBM i Related Survey Available IBM i Related Survey Available
Posted by April 7, 2018
IBM Power Systems >> (QGPL) IBM i
BVSTools Releases Braintree Webhook Open Source Application - Node.js BVSTools Releases Braintree Webhook Open Source Application - Node.js
Posted by April 5, 2018
Programming >> Open Source
BVSTools Now Offering Web Services (BETA) BVSTools Now Offering Web Services (BETA)
Posted by April 3, 2018
BVSTools >> BVSTools Announcements
Creating a Reverse SSL Proxy Using RPG on the IBM i - Part 2 Creating a Reverse SSL Proxy Using RPG on the IBM i - Part 2
Posted by March 29, 2018
Programming >> Web Programming
bvstone

RE: Create QRCODE in DDS

Posted:

I've never personally done that, and without a QRCODE to test with it's hard to say what's wrong.  Have you tried contacting IBM for support?

Last edited 09/21/2018 at 14:18:38

dgcolvin@pryor.com

Posted:

Last edited 09/24/2018 at 08:25:26

bvstone

RE: RE: Create QRCODE in DDS

Posted:

RE: RE: Create QRCODE in DDS

Well, I tried scanning this with my Pixel 2 and nothing.  Even printed it to try it that way and nothing.

I would contact IBM support.

Last edited 09/25/2018 at 08:51:55

Copyright 1983-2018 BVSTools
GreenBoard(v3) Powered by the eRPG SDK, MAILTOOL Plus!, GreenTools for Google Apps, jQuery, jQuery UI, BlockUI, CKEditor and running on the IBM i (AKA AS/400, iSeries, System i).