G4MS Now Allows User/Password Authentication Option
With the release of GreenTools for Microsoft Apps (G4MS) v7.20 SP210317 the registration process has become much more simple.
In the past in order to generate a token to use with the Microsoft APIs you were required to:
- Use the G4MS Register Service (G4MSREGSVC) command
- Click on a link which opened your browser
- Follow a link to Microsoft
- Sign in to your account
- Confirm the scopes you wanted to allow the application to use
- Retrieve an access code
- And finally retrieve a token
If you are using G4MS with an organization you now have the option to register using only the account ID and password (tenant ID may be required as well in some cases).
The G4MSREGSVC command has been updated to allow two methods of registration:
- *WEB - This is the previous method above
- *USERPW - This new method allows you to enter your tenant ID and password for the account you are registering. In most cases the default value of "organization" for the tenant ID will work, but you also can enter your own unique tenant ID for your organization.
This update should make registering your services much easier and remove the need for our web page as an intermediate step.
As always, please feel free to contact us with any questions.
Last edited 03/17/2021 at 14:24:38