bvstone

Transferring License Keys from One System to Another

Posted:

Transferring License Keys from One System to Another

A lot of customers contact me on what information is required when moving from one system to another.  In order to match up systems so we can keep track of which systems are production, development, HA/DR, etc, the following information is required:

1.  The information from the DSPMCHINF command in the tool's library from each partition that is going out of service or being replaced.  Please send this information as text copied and pasted from the screen, not a screen capture or image.

2.  The information from the DSPMCHINF command in the tool's library from each partition on the new system.  Please group the information from #1 and #2 as "old" and "new" so we can match them up.  Again,  please send this information as text copied and pasted from the screen, not a screen capture or image.

3.  The approximate date the old system is going out of service, or if the old system is still going to be used in some capacity we will need to know that too.

I understand you can't provide #2 until the new system is up and running, so that is when you can send all of this information so we can transfer licenses.  Once your new system is up and running, you can use the Quick Key feature at https://www.bvstools.com to request temporary key(s) to get the software up and running before I send your new keys.

Once you have this information please email it to us using the email address in the contacts section of our webpage.

Thank you.

Last edited 07/25/2024 at 21:40:22

© Copyright 1983-2024 BVSTools
GreenBoard(v3) Powered by the eRPG SDK, MAILTOOL Plus!, GreenTools for Google Apps, jQuery, jQuery UI, BlockUI, CKEditor and running on the IBM i (AKA AS/400, iSeries, System i).