bvstone

Sending an HTML Email on Your IBM i Using MAILTOOL

Posted:

Sending an HTML Email on Your IBM i Using MAILTOOL

A lot of customers ask if MAILTOOL can send emails that are HTML and already created in the IFS.  The answer is YES, in just a few simple steps.

• For the Email Body/Message (MESSAGE) parameter specify *ATT.  This will tell MAILTOOL that the first attachment listed should be treated as the body of the email.
  • For the Attachment (ATTACH) parameter, the first attachment you specify will be used as the body of the message, so include the fully qualified path to the HTML file you want to use as the body.  Any attachments specified after that will be treated as actual attachments.
  • Finally, change Body Content Type (BDYCT) from text/plain to text/html so that when the recipient receives the email it will know to treat it as HTML and not plain text.

It's as simple as that!  You can even send text emails using plain text files in the IFS as well!  Try that with SNDDST, SNDSMTPEMM, or ESEND.

Wondering what makes MAILTOOL the superior IBM i email client?  Check out this link for more info.

Last edited 02/05/2024 at 11:39:22

© Copyright 1983-2024 BVSTools
GreenBoard(v3) Powered by the eRPG SDK, MAILTOOL Plus!, GreenTools for Google Apps, jQuery, jQuery UI, BlockUI, CKEditor and running on the IBM i (AKA AS/400, iSeries, System i).