bvstone

How to Whitelist GreenTools for G Suite (G4G) For Your Organization

Posted:

How to Whitelist GreenTools for G Suite (G4G) For Your Organization

As security gets tighter and tighter, Google is requiring a few out of the ordinary actions that really don't apply to the GreenTools for G Suite (G4G) applications which may result in them losing their "verified" status.

Not to worry, as you can still whitelist the G4G applications for your organization by following the steps in this article.

A quick overview of the steps is as follows:

1. Sign into your Google Admin Console.
  2. From the left side menu, select Security --> Access and Data Controls --> API Controls
  3. In the "App access control" panel, select "MANAGE THIRD-PARTY APP-ACCESS"
  4. In the "Configured apps" panel, select "Add app" drop down and select "OAuth App Name or Client Id"
  5. You will now be able to search for an app my name.  In the search box enter "GreenTools" and click the Search button.
  6. You should now see the current GreenTools for G Suite (G4G) addons listed.  Select the app you wish to trust.
  7. You should now see the app's OAuth Client ID.  Select the check box next to it and press the Select button near the bottom.
  8. Select who to configure access for (normally it's for your entire domain/organization) and select Continue.
  9. Select the "Trusted" option and select Continue.
  10. Select Finish.
  11. Repeat for any other G4G addon you are using.

The app may show up as verified (as it is of this posting) or not. 

As mentioned, Google is starting to require additional verification steps that don't seem to apply to IBM i applications running on a server.  We have previously spent a lot of time and energy providing Google with items required for verification, but they are continuously changing and seemingly trying to put all "apps" in the same sort of bucket, requiring some out of the ordinary verification steps.  

We are working on trying to figure out how to apply those steps to our apps, but by allowing the G4G apps to be white listed for your organization will insure that the apps continue to function should we lose the verification.

As always, let us know if you have any questions by contacting us.

© Copyright 1983-2024 BVSTools
GreenBoard(v3) Powered by the eRPG SDK, MAILTOOL Plus!, GreenTools for Google Apps, jQuery, jQuery UI, BlockUI, CKEditor and running on the IBM i (AKA AS/400, iSeries, System i).